Busy Bank Holiday weekend for fire crews
AN electrical fault in a shower sparked a bathroom fire at a home in Dinnington.
Two fire engines from Aston and Maltby were called to Church Lane at 7.50pm on Monday and spent just over half-an-hour at the scene.
There were no injuries.
Two vehicles were deliberately torched on Saturday in Dinnington.
The first occurred on School Street at 1.45am and a fire crew was on the scene for 40 minutes.
The second fire was on Doe Quarry Terrace at 11.05am where a fire crew from Aston spent 20 minutes at the scene.
The Fire Brigade has not issued further details of the types of vehicle targeted.
Two burning bales of straw were also dealt with over the weekend.
One was set on fire on Clifton Hill, Conisbrough, early on Saturday morning.
A crew from Edlington fire station was called at 3.30am to the scene and spent half-an-hour tackling the incident.
The second bale was accidentally ignited by an electrical cable at a property on Turnshaw Road in Ulley at 1.40pm on Monday.
Three fire engines were called and spent 35 minutes at the scene.
No-one was injured.
Crews also dealth with an accidental kitchen fire in Wingfield on Saturday.
Two fire crews were called to a property on Robinets Road at 4.35pm and spent 50 minutes at the scene.
There were no casualties.
A fire service spokesman said the fire is believed to have started among some rubbish and was accidental.