Microwave causes fire in pensioner’s home
A PENSIONER needed medical treatment after his microwave caught fire.
The fire broke out at the man’s home on Hague Avenue, Rawmarsh at around 9pm on Monday.
Paramedics and the fire service attended the property and the man in his 80s was given oxygen therapy at the scene but was not taken to hospital.
Firefighters from Rotherham and Dearne station were at the home for around an hour.
Arsonists deliberately set trees alight on Coronation Street, Thurnscoe at around 10pm.
A crew from Dearne station who were at the scene for 30 minutes.